Dolphin Diagnostic stops intermittently
by Dave Szabo
My dolphin diagnostic is about 10 - 12 years old. It now stops after 5 - 10 minutes of running, but after 2-3 cycles of stopping and restarting it will then run a full cycle.
The following items have been checked:
- filter is clean
- belts and drive train are free of debris
- There is 38 dc volts at the power supply plug
- Its only May so the water temp is still around 60 degrees, maybe colder
- pool is crystal clear with no algae and minimal debris on the floor
- the Motor assembly number is 103390VS35
If I pull the unplug the vacuum from the power supply and then reconnect, the unit will not start. To restart the unit I need to shut off the supply at the switch, unplug the power supply from the wall, pause for a few seconds, plug in and turn switch on. Note that I do not move the vacuum or cable during this sequence so I know its not a bad cable connection.
I have not taken the power supply apart but it seems as though there must be a signal going to the vacuum to restart the motor. Does the timer in the power supply kill the 38 VDC or does it send a signal to the vacuum to stop?
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dolphin Maytronics Repair Comments.